MULA SA PUSO Coming Soon at Abs-cbn (2011)

ABS-CBN has announced that JM De Guzman, Lauren Young, and Enrique Gil as the stars who will reprise the unforgettable roles of Gabriel, Via, and Michael in the much-awaited remake of the 90′s teleserye hit “Mula sa Puso.”

The three will portray the roles first played by the late Rico Yan, Claudine Barretto, and Diether Ocampo in the original version of the soap aired in 1997.

”Happy, nervous, excited and blessed. I will play the role of Rico Yan, which everyone knows is a very heavy role to portray,” said theater/indie film actor JM who will take the lead on TV for the first time.


”At first, I was just happy to know I have work again but I didn’t know then what shoes I have to fill. After I found out the impact made by the show, that’s the time I felt nervous,” shared Enrique who will also take his first ever lead role.

Lauren also felt a rollercoaster of emotions especially since this is her launching as a leading lady. When asked during the pictorial and promo shoot of “Mula sa Puso” if she got impatient waiting for her big break in showbiz, Lauren lightheartedly answered no.

“I didn’t get impatient. If they give me something, then good. If they don’t give me something, then they might not want me lang. But at least they are giving me something now. Whatever comes into my life, I’ll accept it,” explained Lauren.

This early on, intrigues are already starting to pop out on the three main leads. One of which is their comparison with the original cast members Rico, Claudine, and Diether.

“We cant avoid that. People will always compare us to the original one, which adds up the pressure. But then again, if there is no pressure, it’s not worth it. You always need that pressure to give you that needed push,” said Lauren.

In the original series, lead stars Rico and Claudine eventually developed a romantic relationship while doing the soap. When asked about the possibility of it happening again, JM said, “Why not? Lauren is a nice, pretty, and talented woman. I don’t see any reason for me not to like her.”

JM was first seen in the Precious Hearts Romances series “Midnight Phantom” which was immediately followed by his supporting roles in PHR’s “Alyna” and “Kristine.”

Enrique, on the other hand, played supporting roles in “Pieta,” and “George and Cecil,” and was seen regularly in “Shoutout” and “ASAP XV” as one of the members of the Gigger Boys.

Meanwhile, Lauren, being a homegrown talent of Star Magic, has appeared in numerous Kapamilya shows such as “Lobo,” “Your Song presents Underage,” “Dahil May Isang Ikaw,” and just recently, “Juanita Banana.” She was also seen in various episodes of drama anthology “MMK” and even on the big screen via movie like Star Cinema’s “Sayo Lamang.”

Also included in the cast are Dawn Zulueta as Magda, Eula Valdez as Selina, Ariel Rivera as Don Fernando, DJ Durano as Ysmael, Tyrone Perez as Gilbert, Paul Salas as Warren and Sue Anna Ramirez as Nicole.

Watch out for the highly anticipated return of “Mula sa Puso,” still directed by Wenn Deramas, coming very soon on ABS-CBN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment